Be a Volunteer
Štrbské Pleso – Osrblie 2015 WU will be organized with the help of approximately 130 volunteers, mostly students of Slovak universities. The volunteers will help the Organizing committee in different areas: accommodation, accreditation, language services, transportation, communication, ceremonials and others.
Requirements for volunteering
- Be at least 18 years old in the time of registration.
- Be available during the celebration of the Universiade (between 24th January 2015 – 2nd February 2015), as well as several days before and after the event.).
- Language skills - English advanced.
People from other countries
- Due to financial constraints, transportation to Štrbské Pleso / Osrblie will be paid by the interested parties. However, the Organizing Committee will provide all volunteers with accommodation, food and clothing during the event.
- International event such as World Winter Universiade requires adequate language skills of volunteers. Language proficiency is therefore a great benefit and advantage.
Selection Process (stages):
- Register online
- General training
- Specific training
- Candidates will communicate which area they prefer and we will try to respect that interest when allocating the jobs, which is not always possible. We cannot forget that this is a phase selection among a large number of profiles and assigned those functions by assessing the availability, experience or skills.
|Major Functional areas|
|Accompanying delegations / FISU members||Translator|
|Sport stages||Medical services|
When will we contact you?
- After 12th October 2014 we will contact volunteers which meet our expectations and will be invited for a personal interview.
Non-Slovak volunteers please fill the application form below
Slovak volunteers please visit the link below
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us: